Saturday, September 14, 2013

UAB Campus Tour





As promised I met the young ladies from UAB for lunch today.  We ate at the Commons.  This is like a cafeteria for college students.  They have an all you can eat menu unlike my school cafeteria.  I loaded up my plate with one of my favorite foods, pizza.  Then I got to eat as many chocolate chip cookies for dessert as I wanted.  They were so good.

After lunch they took me for a tour of the campus.  Here is a picture of me with the UAB mascot.
We walked around this big open area called the Campus Green in the middle of the campus.  This was an area where students could gather for events, walk around on the sidewalks, study or play games in the grassy areas.  Then they took me to the recreational center which was really cool.  They had all sorts of fitness equipment.  I tried to show off my muscles for the ladies, but they told me I was too young to use the equipment.  Instead I ended up playing a game of badminton which I lost.  It's not one of my strongest sports. 

They told me I couldn't leave without purchasing a souvenir of my visit, so our last stop was at Snoozy's.  I think I found the right fit.


             



No comments:

Post a Comment