Monday, September 9, 2013

At the Library

                                      
 
This morning Mrs. Branch took me to one of my favorite places in the world, the library.  Had I mentioned before how much I love to read?  I was so excited when I walked in.  This library had the biggest selection of children’s books I had ever seen.  They even had an area called the Kid Zone.  There were puppets and puzzles you could play with.  There were computers you could get on to play games or look for things on the internet.  I looked for some of my favorite picture books and read some to Mrs. Branch.  While I was browsing you won’t believe what I found.  This guy named Brown must have read my blogs because he wrote a book all about me.  In the book he wrote that a bulletin board had fallen on me while I slept and flattened me.  Now how silly is that!  Guess what else I found, chapter books he had also written about my adventures.  I read a few pages out of one of the books and it was pretty good.  I will definitely have to read some of those books to see what interesting places I go.

 

While I was looking around I found all sorts of books on tape.  I like to listen to books in the car, so Mrs. Branch let me check out a few to take on our road trips.  They also had lots of children’s movies.  I spotted a few of my favorites and recommended them to Mrs. Branch.  It was easy to find what we were looking for at this library because everything was so organized.  All of the beginning readers were in one section, chapter books in another, and informational books and picture books were shelved in their own areas.  I felt like I could spend an entire day here.  In fact Mrs. Branch had to declare time up on this adventure after a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment