Wednesday, September 11, 2013

At the Hospital



Today Mrs. Branch and I went to visit her friends at the hospital where she worked. The only time I have ever been in a hospital was when I was born.  Luckily I haven’t had any accidents or been sick enough to have to go to the hospital.  I always wear my helmet when I ride my bike, and I fasten my seat belt when I ride in the car.  I try to stay away from eating a lot of junk food and eat healthy foods instead.  It also helps that I go to the doctor for regular checkups. 

I don’t know what I was expecting when I walked in the front doors, but this place was like an indoor mall.  There was a coffee cart, a gift store, and a flower shop located in the lobby.  On the second floor was the cafeteria.  The patient rooms were located on the third floor all the way up to the eighth floor, but we didn’t go up there.

 As we were visiting, one of the nurses saw me and placed me on a rolling bed and rushed me right up to the Emergency Room.  As soon as we got to the Emergency Room I was surrounded by doctors and nurses all looking at me with funny looks on their faces.  One nurse was so shocked by my flatness that she tried to listen for my heart.  Then she hooked me up to a machine to see my heart beat.  Finally Mrs. Branch came into the room and explained everything.  They all thought it was a pretty funny story, and they apologized for over reacting.  I told them it was all right.  It was their job to help people when they are sick or hurt, and they didn’t know that I was really okay.
 
 
I’m glad I visited the hospital because I got to meet a lot of nice doctors and nurses.  They told me about how they help people all day long.  I think I might want to be a doctor when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment